Business + Mission = B.O.O.M. with Mike Thakur
In this episode Jon and Les talk with Mike Thakur. Mike tried serving for a season in a traditional pastoral role, but quickly learned that God had gifted him for ministry in the marketplace.
Mike has a passion for kingdom focused entrepreneurship and seeks to help others embrace God’s plan to change the world through missions.
Some of the topics we discuss in this interview are:
Mike’s mantra is “Business + Mission = B.O.O.M. (Business Operating On Mission)
- Mike talks about how his success in business fuels his ability to be generous through his non-profit FT5K (Feeding the Five Thousand)
- Many people go into pastoring for the wrong reason.
- It’s easier to simply write a check and give to another church or charity than it is to actually get your hands dirty and get involved with a cause.
- Mike shares why he thinks less churches is actually a good thing.
- We need more players on the field. Church is not the field; the marketplace is.
Mike's Website: MikeThakur.com
Are you trying to figure out where to even start with building a business or creating some side income for your family?
The best place to start is with your own passions and unique abilities.
Our FREE 5-Step Get Started Guide will walk you through the process of determining the best starting point for you AND includes 50+ business ideas.
Developed for pastors by pastors.
PLUS we’ll send you regular emails that will continue to guide your journey as an EntrePastor.
Just tell us where to send your resources:
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.