Common Roadblocks Pastors Face When Trying to Earn Side IncomeMar 15, 2022
If you desire to achieve financial freedom by building side income, there are some common roadblocks that could potentially sabotage your success.
The list of potential roadblocks is long, but they all fall into 3 very distinct categories.
The good news is there is a way to remove all of the roadblocks so you can make progress on your journey; and the solution begins with your own thoughts about yourself and the world around you.
I'm not saying the obstacles aren't real. Many roadblocks are as real as a fallen tree that blocks a country road, but you possess a huge chainsaw to remove the tree; and it all starts with the way you think about yourself, your surroundings, and the subject matter you're dealing with.
False beliefs about yourself.
The first category is false beliefs about yourself. Here are some examples:
- I don't have what it takes
- Nobody wants to hear what I have to say
- I don't have any marketable skills
- I don't have the time to put into anything else
- I'm too old to start something new
- I'm too young; people won't take me seriously.
None of the above statements are true, but if you believe them they'll sabotage your success.
False beliefs about your surroundings.
Some examples of false beliefs about your surroundings are:
- My church/board leadership would never allow me to earn side income.
- I don't have the right network to build another business.
- With the current economy, it's not a good time to start something new.
- I'd start something else, but my kids keep me too busy.
- If I start something else, others may believe I'm being unfaithful to my calling as a pastor/ministry leader.
Regarding the above statements, even if there is an element of truth to them, there are ways to address and remove every one of them with integrity and honesty. The question is, are you using those beliefs as excuses because you're actually afraid of failure or concerned about what others think?
False beliefs about the subject matter or topic.
- People won't pay for (insert your product, offering, or service).
- The market is already saturated with similar products, offerings, or services.
- I'm too late to the game to be successful.
All the above statements are only true if you allow them to stop you.
There are ways to deal with and remove all the roadblocks and even use some of them as a bridge to help you have a successful and fulfilling journey.
I'll give you one quick tip right here.
Surround yourself with people who believe in you and who aren't threatened by your success--preferably people who've been successful doing something similar. Put another way, if you currently don't believe in yourself, borrow someone else's belief in you until you do.
You probably just need some quick wins under your belt and the belief will come, and the wins don't have to be huge wins. Often small wins will help you see what's possible and motivate you to forge ahead.
We cover these and other roadblocks in the EntrePastors community. Feel free to join our discussions and gain access to helpful resources in our free Facebook group EntrePastors Connect.
Or, for those who want to go deeper and are serious about achieving financial freedom, you can become a member of our EntrePastors Membership Community by going to this link.
In fact, you can try the community out for 30 days for just $1 if you act soon.
Roadblocks don't have to be walls.
What appears to be an obstacle today may actually be a stepping stone into a better tomorrow.
If Jon or I can help you in any way, please reply back and let us know.
- Les Hughes
WANT TO DIVE DEEPER?
Backstage Pass Holders get behind the scenes content for every podcast episode.
Ready to Start Your EntrePastors Journey?
Our free guide is the perfect place to start and helps you brainstorm all the business options you have before you.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.